Ellie Crespi is a partner in Corporate, Banking and Finance in our BVI office where she advises on all aspects of British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands corporate, capital markets and banking law. Her clients include leading onshore law firms, private equity investors, major international financial institutions, listed and private companies and British Virgin Islands statutory and public bodies.
Prior to joining us in 2013, Ellie worked at Allen & Overy in their Moscow and Hong Kong offices, after starting her career in London. Her expertise extends to both established and emerging markets, and she wins mandates from a global client base.
She is a general editor of BVI Commercial Law and a contributor to Bermuda Commercial Law and has been consistently recommended by Legal500 and IFLR since 2015.
Ellie's deal and experience highlights include:
- Acting as lead transactional partner advising the Recovery and Development Agency of the British Virgin Islands on various corporate and banking law matters.
- Acting as general corporate counsel to multinational fashion holding company Capri Holdings Limited.
- Advising the majority bondholders on corporate and capital markets aspects of a US$1.67 billion global debt restructuring of Brazilian oil and gas services group Constellation.
- Acting as issuer counsel to a number of offshore entities registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Huahui Education Group, Highway Holdings Limited and Zhong Yuan Bio-Technology Holdings.
- Acting as BVI counsel to Elektra Assets Limited, a lending vehicle of Värde Partners and Indies Capital Partners and its onshore counsel Kirkland & Ellis on various secured lending transactions.
- Acting as British Virgin Islands counsel to Goldman Sachs and its English law counsel Slaughter & May in connection with the US$613 million refinancing of three sets of notes secured against put options written by Danone SA over the shares of a Cyprus joint venture company.
Ellie is recognised as a “leading individual” in the British Virgin Islands Banking, Finance and Capital Markets rankings.Legal 500, 2021
Ellie is recognised as a “next generation partner” in the British Virgin Islands Banking, Finance and Capital Markets rankings.Legal 500, 2020
Ellie is ranked as "highly regarded".IFLR1000, 2020
- England and Wales (not practising)
- Hong Kong (not practising)
- British Virgin Islands
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (LPC)
- London College of Law (GDL)
- University of Oxford (MA)