Jolin Lin is a member of our Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring team in Hong Kong. Jolin has been practising as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore since 2011, and in the British Virgin Islands since 2019.
She has experience in a wide range of complex cross-border commercial disputes with offshore elements, from shareholder, insolvency-related, construction, intellectual property and contractual disputes to distressed hedge fund litigation, both led and acting alone. Jolin is also an experienced advocate before the Singapore, Hong Kong and BVI courts and has acted as counsel in numerous mediation and arbitration proceedings including those involving ICC, HKIAC, SIAC, CIETAC and UNCITRAL arbitral rules. She has particular expertise in high-value contentious trusts and probate litigation, where she has acted for some of the world’s ultra-high net worth individuals. She is also well versed in some of the notable fraud cases with considerable success.
Before joining us, Jolin worked at an international law firm in Hong Kong, where she handled a broad range of complex international disputes.
Jolin’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for Mr Ng Man Sun in a super high-value dispute concerning a dispute as to the ownership of a high-value casino and hotel in Macau.
- Acting for some of the shareholders of WeRide Inc, a Cayman incorporated entity against the WeRide Group, a group of companies set up to develop self-driving cars for the Chinese market, in relation to a shareholders’ dispute before the Cayman courts.
- Acting for various state-owned enterprise clients from Russia and China in relation to enforcement of highly confidential arbitration awards and interim measures in the BVI.
- Acting for major energy client JA Solar, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of solar power products in proceedings in the Cayman Island Court to determine the fair value of dissenting shareholder shares in JA Solar.
- Acting for a high net worth minority shareholder in a claim against a BVI-incorporated company, Environetics Design Group International Inc for payment of the remainder of the dividends previously declared but unlawfully withheld.
- Acting for the joint provisional liquidators of Beijing Jadebird, a Cayman-incorporated entity.