Lorinda Peasland is a Consultant in our global Restructuring and Insolvency practice group and is based in Hong Kong.
Lorinda is a BVI litigator and Cayman litigator and an international restructuring specialist with over 30 years’ experience in cross-border restructuring, insolvency and workouts of distressed companies and financial institutions, advising banks, funds, accountancy firms, leading onshore law firms and regulators. Over her career she has advised creditors in relation to the first global bank collapse of a bank incorporated in the Cayman Islands, acted for the Special Administrator in a Central Bank Intervention in Cyprus and lead the work out of the portfolio of a European bank in wind down.
Her practice encompasses both contentious and non-contentious finance-related matters, as well as banking and asset based lending within the distressed corporate climate.
She has many reported cases on novel points of law to her name.
Lorinda has advised on a number of high-profile global restructurings concerning offshore entities, including a “Restructuring Deal of the Year”. Some of her recent experience includes:
- Advising the Company and the Liquidators of China Agrotech Limited on the restructure of its HK$1,677.9 million debt and on novel shareholder issues, resulting in a successful reverse takeover and relisting on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising the Provisional Liquidators in relation to the restructuring of US$1 billion debts and liabilities of China Lumena New Materials Corp.
- Advising China Singyes Solar Technologies Holdings Limited on the restructure of outstanding bonds and convertible notes through inter-conditional schemes of arrangement in Bermuda and in Hong Kong.
- Advising on the appointment of and subsequently advising the Provisional Liquidators in relation to the restructure of RMB 1 billion of debt of Centron Telecom International Holdings Limited.
- Advising on the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to Tenwow International Holdings Limited and advising the subsequently appointed Provisional Liquidators on the offshore restructuring of the Company and Group.
- Advising the Liquidators in relation to issues arising from the liquidation of certain subsidiaries of the Pacific Andes Group.
- Advising the Liquidators of Natural Dairy (NZ) Holdings Limited in relation to litigation and restructuring matters.
- Advising on the restructure and provisional liquidation of an Indian Listed subsidiary.
- Acting for the Liquidators in relation to the insolvency and litigation in relation to China Culture Media International Holdings Limited.
Lorinda has co-authored the Cayman Islands Chapter for The Restructuring Review - 11th Edition and Global Restructuring Review: The Asia-Pacific Restructuring Review 2019 - Offshore: Cayman Islands, and is a regular contributor on the Offshore Litigation Blog.
Prior to joining us in 2017, Lorinda was an equity partner at DLA Piper for many years.