Lucy Hannett is a member of our Litigation and Insolvency team based in our BVI office. She has extensive experience in a wide range of commercial litigation cases, including company and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, trust disputes, fraud cases and applications for injunctive relief. Lucy also has extensive experience in insolvency and restructuring matters.
Lucy trained and qualified with an international law firm in London before relocating to the BVI in 2013. Prior to joining us in 2018, she worked at another leading offshore law firm in the BVI.
Examples of Lucy’s recent experience include:
- Convoy Collateral Ltd v (1) Broad Idea International Ltd & (2) Cho Kwai Chee - Acting for the subsidiary of a Hong Kong listed company in obtaining an urgent freezing injunction under the Black Swan jurisdiction in support of Hong Kong proceedings. Acting on the subsequent appeals of the freezing order by both the BVI company and other defendant
- JTrust Asia PTE Ltd v (1) Mitsuji Konoshita & (2) A.P.F. Group Co Ltd – Acting for a Japanese financial institution in obtaining a worldwide freezing order and receivership order over a BVI company in support of a fraud claim before the BVI Court for the recovery of US$180million. Advising on the subsequent appeal of both the freezing order and receivership order, along with other interlocutory applications
- Jinpeng Group Limited v Peak Hotels and Resorts Limited - Advising on an application for the appointment of provisional liquidators and liquidators to a BVI company, subsequent appeal proceedings and interlocutory applications
- Green Elite Limited (In Liquidation) v Fang Akong and others – Acting for the liquidators of a BVI company in seeking the return of company funds misappropriated by the directors of the company, obtaining a freezing order and advising on the subsequent appeal regarding the freezing order
- Alhamrani v Alhamrani - Advising on a long running family dispute before the Court of Appeal and Privy Council regarding the ownership of shares in a BVI company
- K&P Managerial Limited v The Liquidator of Hadar Trade And Invest Limited (In Liquidation) – Acting for the liquidator of a BVI company to obtain sanction to enter into the sale of company assets. Acting on the subsequent appeal of the sanction order
- Acting for minority shareholders of a BVI incorporated company in unfair prejudice proceedings
Lucy is recognised as a “rising star” in the British Virgin Islands Dispute Resolution rankings.Legal 500, 2020
- England and Wales (not practising)
- British Virgin Islands
- College of Law (LPC)
- Birmingham University (Dip Law)
- Birmingham University (BA)