We have advised on numerous complex, high value deals in Russia and CEE and our clients include a significant number of the region's leading law firms, banks, financial institutions and corporations. Our Russia and CEE experts frequently advise on a wide range of commercial matters including all types of syndicated and bilateral lending, joint ventures, international listings, and the creation of trusts.
We have Russian-speaking capability in our London and Cyprus offices as well as a dedicated Client Relationship Manager for Russia.
Examples of our recent work include:
- Providing BVI, Cayman and Cyprus law advice on lending arrangements to clients including Raiffeissen Bank, Erste Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and UBS.
- Acting as BVI and Cyprus counsel on the sale and purchase of 50.1% of the shares in Euroset, Russia’s largest mobile communications retailers, in a US $1.2bn sale transaction.
- Providing BVI and Cyprus advice to Finstar Group on the strategic disposal of Finstar’s majority stake in the Rive Gauche Group to Elshtere Ltd.
- Advising on BVI legal aspects of the creation of TNK-BP Limited, the ground breaking Anglo-Russian joint venture, and continuing to provide BVI advice to TNK-BP on financing arrangements including the update of an $8 billion guaranteed debt issuance programme.
- Advising Finstar Group on BVI and Cyprus legal aspects of the strategic disposal of Finstar’s majority stake in the Rive Gauche Group to Elshtere Ltd.
- Acting as Cyprus advisors alongside Clifford Chance and Deutsche Bank to a Ukrainian company in connection with the initial public offering of shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Providing Cayman and BVI legal advice in connection with the restructuring, financing, and subsequent US$130 million sale of Cayman Islands companies affiliated with a Bulgarian telecoms and cable television company.
- Advising and successfully completing the cross border merger of ITR Investment Partners Limited registered in Cyprus and Sonda Spólka Akcyjna, a company registered in Poland. The companies form part of one of the largest groups in the Polish fruit and food industry.
- Acting as Cyprus counsel to VTB Capital Plc in connection with a US $150 million loan for the construction and development of the 65,000 square foot White Gardens office centre in Moscow.
- Acting as Cyprus legal counsel to GTS Central European Holding B.V. (GTS) in a major financing agreement involving a consortium of leading banks throughout Europe. The US $330 million provides for debt refinancing and related restructuring of GTS, a leading infrastructure-based provider of telecommunications services in Central and Eastern Europe. GTS owns and operates an extensive fibre optic and data centre network throughout the region.
- Advising Credit Suisse in connection with a US $100 million secured syndicated loan facility given to Exillon Energy Plc, an independent oil producer with assets in two oil-rich regions in northern Russia.
- Acting in connection with the US$1.5 billion fraud allegedly perpetrated against BTA JSC Bank of Kazakhstan, now before the UK Commercial Court.
- Providing Cayman law advice to the purchaser in relation to the acquisition of a leading wholesale distributor of fruit and vegetables to major retail outlets and supermarket chains in Poland. The deal involved one of the world’s five largest global retailers.
- Providing BVI advice in relation to the restructuring of financing facilities for three Ukrainian companies, the total value of which was over US$450 million. Other advisors and parties involved included Clifford Chance CIS, BNP Paribas, Salans LLC Ukraine, and JSCB Ukrsotsbank.