Our Investment Funds practice advises on all aspects of the life of a BVI, Cayman, Cyprus or Luxembourg fund including formation, restructuring and closure, both in distressed and planned scenarios. Our approach is characterised by excellence, responsiveness and price transparency.
Our Corporate team excels at complex cross-border transactions involving British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cyprus and Luxembourg vehicles. Our significant track record includes complex mega-deals, high value private equity transactions, landmark IPOs and the full spectrum of public and private M&A and joint ventures.
- Corporate due diligence
- Equity capital markets
- General corporate advisory
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
Our Banking and Finance law practice group has decades of experience in offshore credit and security legal issues relating to debt finance, including loan finance, debt issuance, lease financing, shariah compliant finance, distressed debt and enforcement of security and derivatives.
- Debt capital markets and structured finance
- Loan finance
We are offshore litigation and insolvency specialists, with a team which spans the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Singapore. We provide clear, timely and innovative solutions for our clients in complex multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Commercial litigation
- Fraud and asset tracing
- Investigations, corporate crime and fraud
- Claims against directors
- Mergers and Securities Disputes
- Banking and contractual disputes
- Trusts & private client litigation
- Insurance disputes
- Property disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Insolvency proceedings
- Administrative law and judicial review
- Intellectual property litigation
- Listco disputes
Our dedicated Global Restructuring group offers specialist expertise required to navigate the complexities which can arise for a distressed company in a cross-border environment.
- Debt and equity rescheduling and refinancing
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Distressed funds advice
- Office holders’ conduct, powers and regulation
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancings
- Contingency planning and implementation
- Schemes of arrangement
- Security enhancement and prioritisation
- Debt for equity swaps
- Recognition and joint protocol proceedings
- Workouts and enforcement of security
Our International Arbitration team are experienced specialists, regularly advising on all aspects of enforcement and interim measures in support of arbitration. Our team provides high quality advice at any stage of the arbitral proceedings, with extensive experience conducting arbitrations under ICC, SIAC, LCIA, HKIAC, LMAA, and UNCITRAL rules and enforcing awards under common law, New York Convention, and Washington Convention.
Clients choose our Private Wealth practice for specialist advice on British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Luxembourg and Cyprus law. Our internationally acclaimed lawyers are committed to delivering practical solutions to high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals, their families and their businesses.
We advise on anti-money laundering and terrorist financing compliance, financial services regulation, sanctions, tax, tax information exchange and other areas of financial services regulatory law.
- Financial services regulatory advisory
- Sanctions and restrictive measures
- Anti money laundering (AML) and terrorist financing compliance
- Tax information exchange
- Regulation of trusts and trust companies
- Compliance services
- Economic substance in the BVI
- Economic substance in the Cayman Islands