BVI Virtual Assets Service Providers Act 2022 is now in force
03 Feb 2023
The BVI Virtual Asset Service Providers Act, 2022 (the Act) came into force on 1 February 2023. Under the Act, virtual asset service providers (VASPs) within the regime must become registered with the BVI Financial Services Commission.
The regime comprises:
- The VASP Act itself, here
- BVIFSC Guidance to VASPs on the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing, here
- BVIFSC Guidance on application for registration of a VASP, here
We have prepared a detailed legal guide which sets out:
- What you need to know if your BVI entity is a VASP
- How to prepare for and make an application to become registered
- Documents and information required
- Fees and timings
View the guide here.