Jayson is head of the Litigation and Insolvency practice at Zuill & Co in Bermuda, and a partner in our Cayman Islands office. He has over 25 years of legal experience in all aspects of corporate and insolvency litigation.
Prior to joining us in 2013, Jayson worked for six years with two other global offshore law firms in the Cayman Islands and the BVI. Prior to that, he was partner-in-charge of the dispute resolution team of Minter Ellison Lawyers in Australia. Jayson is admitted to practise as an attorney in the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, and Bermuda. He has worked on numerous complex liquidations, shareholder disputes, and restructurings, and has appeared on multiple reported decisions. Jayson has particular expertise in hedge fund collapses, shareholder disputes, corporate fraud, receiverships/liquidations, asset preservation and corporate reconstruction. Jayson's recent offshore experience includes:
- Acting for a creditor group owed in excess of $500 million in successfully opposing the winding up of a well-known real estate venture based in the PRC
- Acting in a dispute involving fraud on a massive scale perpetrated against one of Russia’s largest investment funds where the fund stood to lose up to $330 million
- Acting in a widely publicised shareholder dispute involving breach of contract and asset misappropriation of up to US$800 million
- Acting for a major creditor group in the largest debt restructuring to-date of an offshore company to come out of Hong Kong
Jayson is a regular contributor to a number of hedge fund and insolvency publications, including the PLC Restructuring and Insolvency Global Guide for Bermuda.
Jayson is “a careful and experienced lawyer who delivers advice that is of a very high standard and reflects his vast experience as an insolvency lawyer and litigator”. Jayson is"incredibly affable and produces really intellectual, high-quality, stimulating opinions”.Chambers & Partners
- Tasmania (Australia)
- Queensland (Australia)
- England and Wales (not practising)
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- University of Tasmania (LLB)