Peter Ferrer is co-head of our global Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring team. Peter acts on behalf of institutions, companies, corporate entities and high net worth individuals. His experience includes shareholder actions, fraud claims, hedge fund disputes, insolvency and restructuring matters. He has extensive experience in enforcement proceedings including tracing actions in multiple jurisdictions. He is an experienced trial advocate who regularly appears in the British Virgin Islands Commercial Court Division, the ECSC Court of Appeal and in international arbitration.
Prior to joining Harneys, he practised as a barrister at Quadrant Chambers. At the English bar, he appeared at every court level including Court of Appeal and the United Kingdom Supreme Court.
He is consistently recommended in the Legal Directories. He sits on the BVI Commercial Court Users committee, the BVI Civil Procedure Rules Steering Committee and acts as the CIArb BVI Chapter Vice Chair.
His recent experience includes:
- J Trust Asia Pte v Mitsui Konoshita & ors – acting for the Claimant in the recovery of a US$200 million fraudulent misrepresentation claim concerning proceedings in BVI, Singapore, Thailand, Luxembourg and Cambodia.
- Acting for a Russian bank against Ukraine in relation to enforcement of a BIT arbitration award.
- Green Elite ( in liquidation) v Fang Ankong & ors - Acting for KPMG in relation to a liquidators claim against former directors for alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy.
- UVW x XYV – the leading case on Norwich Pharmacal relief
- Acting on a US$2.9 billion shareholder dispute concerning the installation and development of mobile telephones and wireless communications servicing of the entire of Iraq, including one of the first under-sea cable lines to link Iraq to the rest of the world.
- Advising FTI as liquidator of a number of Pacific Andes entities connected with the high-profile US$1.6 billion insolvency matter involving multiple proceedings in the US, Hong Kong and Cayman. The case is one of the largest ever insolvency matters to be heard by the BVI court.
Peter has been ranked for his BVI Dispute Resolution expertise. Commentators describe him as "capable and commercially minded".Chambers and Partners, 2021
Peter is recognised as a “leading individual” in the British Virgin Islands Dispute Resolution rankings.Legal 500, 2020, 2021
Peter is recognised as an expert in asset recovery.Who's Who Legal, 2020
Peter is recognised as an expert in litigation.Who's Who Legal, 2019
Peter has been ranked for his BVI Dispute Resolution expertise. Interviewees appreciate that he is "an able advocate" who "remains calm throughout a case."Chambers and Partners, 2020
- England and Wales
- British Virgin Islands
- King's College London (LLM)
- City University (Dip Law)
- Cardiff University (BA)