Stuart Rau is a member of our Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring team in the BVI. He advises on contentious cross-border matters covering multiple jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, the US and the Caribbean.
Prior to joining us in 2019, Stuart was Of Counsel at Allen & Overy in London and Hong Kong, where he focussed on financial litigation and contentious regulatory matters.
Stuart is described as “intelligent and client-oriented” in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 legal directory.
Stuart’s experience includes:
- Acting for BNP Paribas in the international enforcement of a Jersey Royal Court judgment (Crociani v Crociani  JRC 146)
- Acting for Deutsche Bank in English High Court proceedings relating to the validity of US$ 800m Islamic financing transaction (Dana Gas PJSC v Dana Gas Sukuk Ltd & Ors  EWHC 2928)
- Acting for Deutsche Bank in English High Court proceedings relating to loan facilities (Deutsche Bank (Suisse) SA v Khan & Ors  EWHC 482)
- Acting in an HKIAC arbitration between a global private equity firm and a Chinese cryptocurrency exchange
- Acting for a global bank in connection with proceedings in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Mauritius relating to global structured notes
- Acting for a global bank in defence of English High Court proceedings issued by Lehman Brothers (in liquidation) relating to equity derivatives
- Acting for a Cayman Islands fund in defence of freezing injunction proceedings (VTB Capital PLC v Universal Telecom Investment Strategies Fund SPC  2 CILR 94)
- Acting for a Jersey fund in relation to a shareholder dispute
- Acting for Wirecard Bank in English High Court fraud proceedings (Wirecard Bank AG & anr v Allan Thomas Scott & ors  EWHC 451 QB)