Harneys highlighted in Legal 500 Caribbean rankings
Harneys continues to be recognised as a top tier firm in the 2023 Legal 500 Caribbean guide for the British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands.
Harneys remains in the top tiers across all practice areas, with sources saying the firm’s lawyers are “highly knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They are always willing to go the extra mile to deliver their service.” They have “huge strength and depth, and in heavyweight matters with many moving parts they give a reassuring sense of unflustered competence allied to measured and effective aggression. It is a winning combination.”
Lawyers across both offices were recognised as having the “ability to dissect complex legal issues and provide clear practical advice,” which “sets them apart from their competitors”. They are “extremely knowledgeable and capable of handling the largest and most complicated disputes.”
This year's edition also saw one new lawyer join the ranks of Leading Individuals, two lawyers move up to Next Generation Partners, and three new Rising Stars. All of the firm’s other previously listed attorneys retained their rankings in the Leading Individual, Next Generation Partner and, Rising Star categories.
Legal 500 is an independent guide, whose rankings are based on a series of criteria, which highlights the firms who are providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice.
The following lawyers are recognised:
- Partner Tanya Cassie-Parker – BVI Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Partner Philip Graham – BVI Corporate and Commercial; Investment Funds; Regulatory and Compliance
- Partners Peter Ferrer, Claire Goldstein, and Andrew Thorp – BVI Dispute Resolution
- Partner Nick Hoffman – Cayman Dispute Resolution
- Head of BVI Private Wealth and Regulatory Ayana Hull – newly ranked for Regulatory and Compliance
- Partner Henry Mander – BVI and Cayman Trusts/Private Client
Next Generation Partners
- Partner Michelle Frett-Mathavious – BVI Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Partner George Weston – BVI Corporate and Commercial
- Partners Jonathan Addo and Christopher Pease – BVI Dispute Resolution
- Head of BVI Private Wealth and Regulatory Ayana Hull – BVI Investment Funds
- Partner Matthew Taber – Cayman Investment Funds
- Partner Joshua Mangeot – BVI Regulatory and Compliance
- Partner Charles Moore – Cayman Trusts/Private Client
- Counsel Kimberly Crabbe-Adams – newly ranked for BVI Dispute Resolution
- Counsel Gráinne King – Cayman Dispute Resolution
- Senior Associate Kimberly Seagojo – newly ranked for BVI Investment Funds
- Associate Majdi Beji – newly ranked for Cayman Trusts/Private Client
Harneys is a global offshore law firm with entrepreneurial thinking. The firm's service is built around professionalism, personal service and rapid response. Harneys has decades of experience providing offshore legal advice, having been established in the British Virgin Islands in 1960.