On 11 May 2021, the BVI Financial Services Commission (theFSC) issued Industry Circular No. 6 of 2021 informing licensees of amendments to the deadlines.
- The deadline for submitting AML/CFT Returns for the 2020 reporting period has been extended from 15 May 2021 to 15 June 2021 (the revised deadline).
- Under the revised deadline, electronic filing will be possible using the FSC’s new VIRRGIN Returns System (VIRRGIN Returns). The new system will be launched at the beginning of June.
- VIRRGIN Returns will enable licensees to complete the AML/CFT Returns online and submit them directly to the FSC.
- Beta testing and registration to use VIRRGIN Returns will be available to licensees within the next two weeks.
- Licensees were given the option to volunteer to participate in the beta testing of VIRRGIN Returns by sending an email to email@example.com by Friday 14 May 2021.
A copy of the Industry Circular can be found here.
Our recent mailshot can be found here.