CySEC reminds stakeholders on the deadlines for registering RAIFs
12 Nov 2021
On 11 October 2021, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) issued an announcement reminding all parties about the deadlines surrounding the set-up of Registered Alternative Investment Funds (RAIFs) in Cyprus.
- Interested parties setting up RAIFs must at all times and without delay submit to CySEC the relevant application relating to set-up.
- The application must be submitted to CySEC within the provisions of article 138 (2) of the AIF Law. As such the below time frames apply:
- Where the RAIF is established as an investment company or limited partnership – within one month from the registration date.
- Where the RAIF is established as a common fund – within one month from the date of the drafting of its fund rules.
- CySEC urges all stakeholders to comply at all times with their obligations since the legal framework does not provide the possibility to accept overdue applications of RAIFs.
CySEC’s announcement can be found here.