Welcome to Expert Review, our latest podcast delivering bite-size opinions and analysis on global governance, regulation, and tax. Each episode will feature a guest speaker, giving listeners food for thought in a condensed and informative manner.
In this episode, Global Head of Regulatory & Tax Aki Corsoni-Husain, and guest expert Ray-Shio Ho from Reed Smith in London explore the oil and gas sanctions currently in place on Russia following the war in the Ukraine in 2022.
Click below to listen.
- Providing listeners with a round up and overview of current energy-sector related sanctions on Russia.
- Understanding whether there is global consensus on the oil price cap and whether it has achieved its objectives.
- Outlining plans for development in the offshore sanctions landscape and how they prohibit the purchase or import of Russian oil and alignment on the price cap coalition rules.
- Understanding the general attitude of offshore regulators in relation to complex corporate structures in the oil and gas sector when involving entities incorporated in their jurisdiction.
- Focussing on Gazprom as Russia’s largest gas producer and outlining the sanctions it is now subject to as a group.
- Exploring what constitutes “reasonable due diligence” of structures and understanding the controlling mind or operations of the company, in particular when applying for sanctions licences.
Expert Review – New rule on corporate governance for regulated entities in the Cayman Islands in force from 14 October 2023
Expert Review – Oil and gas sanctions on Russia
Expert Review – Decentralisation: Exploring its role in crypto and the impact of MiCA