Conal Keane joined our Cayman office in 2018 as a senior associate specializing in commercial and insolvency litigation. He has advised international financial institutions, corporate entities, accountancy firms, directors, creditors and alternative capital providers on a variety of matters.
Conal has extensive receivership experience advising financial institutions in proceedings against borrowers, advising shareholders in commercial disputes and other financial related litigation.
Conal’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a large China-based NASDAQ-listed technology company in relation to the petitioning for winding up in the Cayman Islands of another China-based Nasdaq-listed company on just and equitable grounds.
- Advising a Cayman-incorporated company on its debt enforcement options against another Cayman-incorporated entity and its directors.
- Advising a large China-based NASDAQ-listed energy company in relation to Section 238 valuation proceedings in the Cayman Islands.
- Advising joint receivers appointed over the shareholding of a Cayman-incorporated entity on its legal obligations and their obligations during the sales process.
- Advising US lawyers on the possible implications of a Section 1782 discovery application, made by the District Court in the US, on Cayman proceedings.
Prior to joining us, Conal worked for Mason Hayes & Curran in Dublin.