Conal Keane is a member of the Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring team in our Cayman office. As a Cayman litigator, he specializes in corporate insolvency and commercial litigation. He has advised international financial institutions, corporate entities, accountancy firms, directors, creditors and alternative capital providers on a variety of matters.
Conal has extensive receivership experience advising financial institutions in proceedings against borrowers, advising shareholders in commercial disputes and other financial related litigation.
He is recommended in the Cayman Islands Dispute Resolution rankings (Legal 500, 2019).
Conal’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a large China-based NASDAQ-listed energy company in relation to successful Section 238 valuation proceedings in the Cayman Islands.
- Advising a Brazilian insolvency administrator in relation to a Norwich Pharmacal application against a Cayman entity linked to fraudulent activities
- Advising joint receivers appointed over the shareholding of a Cayman-incorporated entity on its legal obligations and their obligations during the sales process.
- Advising a large China-based NASDAQ-listed technology company in relation to the petitioning for winding up in the Cayman Islands of another China-based Nasdaq-listed company on just and equitable grounds.
- Advising US lawyers on the possible implications of a Section 1782 discovery application, made by the District Court in the US, on Cayman proceedings.
Conal spoke at the 2019 Technical Session for the Recovery & Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) on the rise in Norwich Pharmacal applications in the Cayman Islands.
He is a regular contributor to the firm’s Offshore Litigation Blog and has contributed articles to a number of legal and industry publications, including Law360 and Hedge Fund Law Report.
Prior to joining us, Conal worked for Mason Hayes & Curran in Dublin.