Leona Healey joined Harneys in November 2017 and is a senior associate in our Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency team in Hong Kong.
Leona specialises in contentious and non-contentious cross-border restructuring, insolvency and workouts, including the appointment of provisional liquidators and the implementation of parallel schemes of arrangements between Hong Kong and offshore jurisdictions. She has advised listed companies, insolvency practitioners, leading international and regional accountancy practices, onshore law firms, investment banks, commercial banking institutions, directors and shareholders. She has worked extensively on restructuring and insolvency matters in Asia, including matters involving the jurisdictions of PRC, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan.
Since joining us, Leona has worked on the following notable matters:
- Advising China Singyes Solar Technologies Holdings Limited on the successful restructuring of over US$552 million outstanding bonds and convertible notes through inter-conditional parallel schemes of arrangement in Bermuda and in Hong Kong.
- Advising the former provisional liquidators of Hsin Chong Group Holdings Limited on the restructuring of over HK$14.7 billion outstanding notes, loans and other indebtedness in Bermuda and in Hong Kong.
- Advising the company and the provisional liquidators of China Agrotech Holdings Limited on the restructuring of its HK$1,677.9 million of debt and on novel shareholder issues, resulting in a successful reverse takeover and relisting on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Advising the provisional liquidators in relation to the restructuring of over US$1 billion debts and liabilities of China Lumena New Materials Corp.
- Advising GTL International Limited and the subsequently appointed provisional liquidators on the restructuring of the company’s US$41 million in liabilities and subsequent successful sale of the company’s shareholdings in its subsidiaries to an investor.
- Advising the Coordinating Committee of Lenders and Deutsche Bank in relation to Noble Group's US$3.5 billion debt restructuring.
- Advising Global A&T Electronics Ltd (GATE) (owned by Affinity Equity Partners and TPG Capital) on the restructuring of US$1.12billion senior secured notes issued by GATE.
- Acting for certain Club Lenders and subsequently the liquidators of a number of Pacific Andes entities connected with the high-profile US$1.6 billion restructuring involving multiple proceedings in the US, Hong Kong, Cayman Islands and Bermuda.
Prior to joining us, she worked as a registered foreign lawyer in Hong Kong in a US firm and a solicitor in a top-tier Australian firm, also specialising in cross-border insolvency and restructuring.