Odane C. Lennon is a member of our transactional practice group in the BVI and advises various clients including financial institutions and major onshore law firms on corporate and finance matters.
He has a particular speciality in cross-border transactions involving BVI companies and his experience since joining Harneys in 2018 has included bond issues and securitisation, aircraft and ship finance, real estate finance, lease finance, Islamic finance, debt restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and a range of corporate restructurings.
Prior to joining us, he worked at National Commercial Bank, Jamaica’s largest financial services group.
Odane’s representative experience includes:
- Advising the majority bondholders on corporate and capital markets aspects of a US$1.67 billion global debt restructuring of Brazilian oil and gas services group Constellation.
- Acting as issuer counsel on a number of note issuances (raising approximately US$5 billion in aggregate) by a HKSE-listed PRC property development firm.
- Advising a group of private investors on the reorganisation of their holdings in a UK PLC through the establishment of a new BVI joint venture company holding equity assets valued in excess of $1.5 billion
- Advising on the pre-sale reorganisation of the Chinese influencer analytics firm PARKLU, which was subsequently acquired by Launchmetrics, a technology and data analytics provider for the fashion, luxury and beauty industries in China. The acquisition gave Launchmetrics access to PARKLU’s analytics, covering more than 100,000 influencers across China’s social media platforms, including WeChat, Douyin (TikTok), Weibo, RED (Xiaohongshu) and Bilibili.
- Representing Polaris Infrastructure Inc., a Toronto-based company engaged in the operation, acquisition and development of renewable energy projects in Latin America, on its acquisition of 100 per cent of the issued and outstanding shares of Union Energy Group Corp., which is incorporated in the BVI in 2018 and on its 2020 refinancing through a facility provided by the Brookfield Infrastructure Debt Fund, a global credit-focused fund managed by Brookfield Asset Management Inc (NYSE: BAM) and on various related corporate matters.
- Advising a multinational conglomerate on a multi-billion dollar corporate restructuring involving assets primarily held through BVI vehicles.
- Advising a leading private equity firm on the leveraged acquisition of a research consultancy in a cross border M&A transaction involving the transfer of BVI shares and the release and creation of BVI security interests.