Valentina Hadjisoteriou is a member of our Cyprus office and advises on joint ventures, restructuring, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions and in general commercial and corporate law. She advises both domestic and foreign clients, including multinational companies and international banking institutions.
During her time with us, Valentina has been involved in numerous cross-border corporate transactions, having carried out due diligence for public companies in Cyprus as well as listings abroad. Her experience includes advising on IPOs on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, AIM and Main, and the delisting of shares of public companies from the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Valentina is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association and has also co-authored publications in Kluwer Competition Law.
Valentina's recent experience includes:
- Advising Puma Brandenburg Investments Ltd, an investment company majority-owned by Howard Shore, for the commercialisation of the molecular biology-based solutions being developed by Ador Diagnostics S.r.l (Ador) through the Cypriot joint venture vehicle Ador Diagnostics Ltd. Ador is a joint venture of BATM Advanced Communications Limited (LSE: BVC), a leading provider of real-time technologies for networking solutions and medical laboratory systems with Gamida for Life B.V.
- Advising China Merchants Port Group Co., Ltd. (formerly known as Shenzhen Chiwan Wharf Holdings Limited), a China based port services company and, a PRC-listed company (CWH) in connection with Thesar Maritime Limited (the holding company of a private terminal at the port of Lomé by concession agreement) and the internal reorganisation involving China Merchants Port Holdings Company Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company with stock code 144 (CMP) whose ultimate holding company is China Merchants Group Limited. Pursuant to the re-organisation, CWH became a controlling shareholder of CMP.
- Advising Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia, as to matters of Cypriot law in its investment in obtaining the majority ownership of the leading Greek natural cosmetics producer Korres. Morgan Stanley and Chinese company Profex have agreed to acquire majority share in leading Greek natural cosmetics producer Korres for €48.3 million (US$58 million). The transaction was made through Cyprus-based company Nissos Holdings, founded by Korres.
- Advising Sekyra Group, a leading property development company in Czech Republic, in connection with its joint venture with Penta Investments Group, and Kaprain Investments Group for the development of the Dejvice Center in Prague.
- Acting for and providing advice on Cypriot law matters to The Brink’s Company in connection to its acquisition of the majority of G4S plc’s cash operations for US$860 million.
- Acting for Agri Europe Cyprus (AEC) in its recent restructuring through a scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Transmashholding on Cypriot corporate matters.
- Advising on the Cyprus law regulatory and tax aspects of the placing and sale of global depository receipts representing interests in class A shares in TCS Group Holding PLC (the parent company of Tinkoff Bank) by Altoville Holdings Limited, the joint-controlling shareholder of Russian consumer lender TCS Group, to raise US$150 million.