Tax information exchange
We have a dedicated tax information reporting and exchange team at Harneys who provide legal and very practical advice on the implementation of various bilateral and multilateral treaties between governments relating to the ‘on request’, spontaneous and automatic exchange of information. Across Anguilla, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, and Cyprus, our tax team assists clients to determine the applicability of their business to the various tax regimes in an effort to assist clients to meet their obligations under the applicable law and regulation.
We are very solutions-oriented when it comes to:
- Navigating the complex tax regulations of and other automatic exchange regimes to determine applicability and entity classification, which is critical to compliance
- Registration and self-certification processing for entities and individuals
- Assisting in the correct classification of accounts or investors and establishment of procedures to ensure that any new investors are appropriately categorised
- Preparing customised tax compliance manuals and procedures as well as reviewing existing onboarding documentation such as subscription agreements and offering memorandums
- Annual reporting of certain information of reportable accounts, non-participating entities or individuals, and/or recalcitrant account holders
- Conducting regular tax compliance reviews
We frequently engage with the tax information authorities in Anguilla, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, and Cyprus and are known as a market leader and ‘go-to’ law firm for assisting both the private and public sectors in this area of law.