Expert Review – Sanctions on Russia: At 18 months following the invasion
22 Jun 2023
In this episode, Global Head of Regulatory & Tax Aki Corsoni-Husain and guest expert Rachel Barnes KC of Three Raymonds Building provide and overview on the state of play as of June 2023 regarding sanctions on Russia after the invasion of Ukraine.
Click below to listen.
- Providing an update and overview of current key trends in sanctions on Russia and the direction of travel at nearly 18 months following the invasion of Ukraine.
- Looking at the change to the landscape of sanctions in the wider legal industry and the pervasive impact it now causes when conducting most international commercial activity.
- Examining what the authorities have got right, and also what could have been done more effectively, in particular in terms of the complexity of three distinct sanctions regimes: in the US, UK and EU.
- Looking at enforcement initiatives in the US, UK and EU member states – also focusing on Cyprus and the UK Overseas Territories.
- Giving a run down of key sanctions cases before the courts.
We produce a variety of podcasts, providing on-the-go legal analysis over the airways. Visit our Podcasts page to see them all.