Jayesh Chatlani is a member of our Litigation and Restructuring group in Singapore. He specialises in complex, and often multi-jurisdictional, shareholder disputes, funds litigation and valuation disputes involving both high value private ventures, and listed companies. His practice ranges from unfair prejudice litigation, derivative actions, windings up on just and equitable grounds, and related interlocutory matters including seeking injunctive relief, specific disclosure and asset tracing. Jayesh’s practice also includes advising in respect of the insolvency and workouts of distressed companies, and on cross-border restructuring matters.
Jayesh’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a founding shareholder of Dragon Capital Group Limited, one of Vietnam’s largest asset managers in relation to shareholders’ dispute in the BVI.
- Advising a minority shareholder of Staray Capital Limited in relation to an unfair prejudice dispute by the majority shareholder in the Court of First Instance in the BVI, the Eastern Caribbean Court of Appeal and the Privy Council  UKPC 43.
- Advising a large China-based NASDAQ-listed technology company in relation to the petitioning for winding up in the Cayman Islands of another China-based Nasdaq-listed company on just and equitable grounds.
- Advising the General Partner of a specialist Cayman-incorporated fund in relation to corporate governance and management issues in anticipation of prospective litigation in the Cayman Islands
- Advising the former CEO and a substantial shareholder of North Asia Resources Limited, a Hong Kong listed company, in relation to a shareholders’ dispute in the BVI.
- Advising a subsidiary of a Hong Kong listed company in relation to opposing an application in the BVI to commence a derivative action in Hong Kong.
- Advising the General Partner of a high-cap Cayman-incorporated fund in relation to the commencement of proceedings in the Cayman Islands due to a breach of Key-man provisions under a Limited Partnership Agreement.
- Advising an Australian listed company in relation to petitioning for the winding up of a BVI debtor company.
- Advising the Joint Liquidators of China Culture Media International Holdings Limited and Supreme Tycoon in relation to insolvency and liquidation issues in the BVI, including with respect to seeking letters of request for recognition in Hong Kong and pursuing voidable transaction claims and other choses-in-action in the BVI to maximise the recovery of the estates for creditors.
- Advising the Joint Liquidators of BJB Career Education Company Limited in relation to insolvency and liquidation issues in the Cayman Islands.
Before joining us in 2012, Jayesh worked at Ince & Co where his practice had a particular emphasis on shipping law, international trade and commercial disputes.