Joshua Mangeot is a member of our BVI practice group. He regularly advises leading global law firms, businesses, financial institutions and high-net-worth individuals on British Virgin Islands law.
Prior to moving to the BVI in 2014, Josh was an associate at Slaughter and May. He also completed a secondment at the Financial Markets Law Committee established by the Bank of England, where he gained experience in financial regulatory issues. He has broad experience in company and partnership law, corporate governance, reorganisations, banking and finance, private equity funds and collective investment vehicles. In his current practice, Josh has a particular interest in complex cross-border transactions and joint ventures.
Joshua's recent experience includes:
- Acting as BVI counsel for an NYSE listed natural asset conglomerate in relation to its US$1.6 billion secured facilities
- Advised Hyatt Hotels Corporation- the internationally renowned hotel chain in relation to the acquisition of preferred shares (and related joint venture arrangements) in a BVI company owning a major hotel and resort in Latin America in a transaction valued at more than $100 million
- Representing the existing owner of a hotel chain on the disposal of majority ownership (through the issue of notes convertible into 51% of its shares) to create a BVI joint venture with a potential value of more than $1.2 billion
- Advised the global private investment firm Starwood Capital Group, a leading international private equity firm, on BVI aspects of its US$250 million strategic investment in the hotel chain YOTEL
- Advising Aura Minerals Inc., which is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: ORA), on its merger with Rio Novo Gold Inc. (TSX:RN), with Aura as the surviving company
- Advising on corporate and financing aspects of Cerberus Capital’s £70 million acquisition of the Clyde Shopping Centre in Glasgow
- Advising Manchester Airport Group on its £1.2 billion financing to acquire Stansted Airport
- Advising Bank of Asia on the establishment and licensing of its BVI banking business
- Advising a Swiss alternative investment manager with AUM of over US$500 million on the formation and operation of BVI close-ended investment vehicles
- Acting for a CIS natural resources operator on BVI corporate aspects of a complex fraud settlement