Harneys recognised as “top of the market” - securing first rate rankings in Legal 500 Caribbean Guide
Harneys is pleased to announce its top tier rankings in the 2024 Legal 500 Caribbean guide. The firm has been recognised as Tier 1 for Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Investment Funds, Regulatory and Compliance, and Trusts/Private Client in the British Virgin Islands (BVI), and Trusts/Private Client in the Cayman Islands.
Key clients have provided glowing testimonials, emphasising Harneys' strengths and the value it brings to their businesses. One client stated, "Their ability to provide sound and practical advice that clients are able to digest easily makes them stand out." Another client expressed their confidence in the firm, saying, "Harneys is the firm I trust for the things that really matter." Clients have also praised the team's transparency and reliability. One client enthused, "the Harneys team is absolutely top of the market - smart, commercial, strategic, responsive; everything one could wish for."
Numerous lawyers were also recognised for their contributions in their respective practice areas, showcasing the strength and depth of expertise across the firm.
The following lawyers were ranked:
- Partner Tanya Cassie-Parker – BVI Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Partner Philip Graham – BVI Corporate and Commercial; Investment Funds; Regulatory and Compliance
- Partners Claire Goldstein, Peter Ferrer, Nick Hoffman, and Andrew Thorp – BVI and Cayman Dispute Resolution
- Head of BVI Private Wealth and Regulatory Ayana Hull – Regulatory and Compliance
- Partner Henry Mander – BVI and Cayman Trusts/Private Client
- Partner Matthew Taber – Cayman Investment Funds
Next Generation Partners
- Partner Michelle Frett-Mathavious – BVI Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Partner George Weston – BVI Corporate and Commercial
- Partners Jonathan Addo, Ben Hobden, Christopher Pease, and Gráinne King – BVI and Cayman Dispute Resolution
- Partner Joshua Mangeot – BVI Regulatory and Compliance
- Partner Charles Moore – Cayman Trusts/Private Client
- Partner James Smith – Cayman Investment Funds
- Counsel Kimberly Crabbe-Adams – BVI Dispute Resolution
- Senior Associate Kimberly Seagojo – BVI Investment Funds
- Associate Majdi Beji – Cayman Trusts/Private Client
BVI and Cayman Managing Partners, Tanya Cassie-Parker and Nick Hoffman welcomed the rankings, noting that, “They are a testament to the firm’s exceptional legal expertise and unwavering commitment to providing unparalleled service to clients across the globe. With an impressive array of top tier rankings, it demonstrates that Legal 500 recognises Harneys as a household name in the international legal marketplace. The firm's commitment to responsiveness and creativity has earned the trust and loyalty of its clients, reinforcing Harneys' reputation as a trusted advisor in complex legal matters.”
Harneys is a global law firm with a presence in major financial centres around the world. With a focus on delivering innovative and practical solutions, the firm provides expert advice to clients across a wide range of industries. Harneys' team of talented professionals is deeply rooted in the legal culture of the jurisdictions they operate in, enabling them to offer unparalleled insights and guidance.