Chris Pease is a member of our Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency practice in the BVI. He advises on all aspects of commercial disputes and insolvency matters, with a particular specialism for: disputes concerning fraud and bribery; asset recovery; applications for interim injunctive relief; and applications for pre-action and third-party disclosure.
Prior to joining Harneys, Chris was a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team at Linklaters in London. In his UK practice, Chris specialised in advising on complex fraud and contractual disputes as well as large-scale contentious regulatory matters, internal investigations and crisis management. As part of this practice, Chris advised on several successful settlement negotiations, including at mediation.
Chris was heavily involved in the civil recovery work undertaken by the Attorney General of the Turks and Caicos Islands in the wake of findings of a Commission of Inquiry into fraud and corruption concerning public officials, which were published in 2009.
Other examples of Chris’ experience include:
- Advising a ‘big four’ accountancy firm in relation to claims brought against it for professional negligence by three insolvent investment funds in the Isle of Man. The claims concerned allegations of fraud made against a third party.
- Advising an international bank in connection with an investigation into misconduct relating to spot trading in the foreign exchange market, which included advising the bank on its reporting to various regulatory bodies across different jurisdictions around the world.
- Advising an international private equity group in connection with an internal investigation into allegations of potential bribery and corruption. This also entailed advising in relation to various criminal and regulatory investigations and parliamentary inquiries, and with regard to potential civil claims.
Chris authored the BVI Chapter for The Dispute Resolution Review – 12th Edition.
Christopher is recognised as a “rising star” in the British Virgin Islands Dispute Resolution rankings.Legal 500, 2020
- England and Wales
- British Virgin Islands
- BPP Higher Rights of Advocacy (civil)
- College of Law (LPC)
- University of Oxford (MA)