Deirdre MacNamara is a member of our Litigation, Insolvency, and Restructuring practice group in London. Her practice focuses on commercial disputes, often with a multi-jurisdictional element, including shareholder disputes, fraud claims, insolvency proceedings and contentious trust matters.
Having trained and qualified as a solicitor in Ireland, Deirdre spent four years in the commercial litigation department of a boutique London law firm. She joined our Hong Kong office in 2015 and transferred to our London office in 2017.
Examples of Deirdre’s recent experience include:
- The winding-up of an investment fund on just and equitable grounds.
- A shareholders dispute which went to the Privy Council and concerned the beneficial entitlement to shares and forum non-conveniens.
- Advising a minority shareholder in unfair prejudice proceedings involving shareholder oppression.
- Acting for a beneficiary of a trust seeking information from trustees through the courts.
- Taking proceedings on behalf of liquidators to wind up subsidiaries of a large group of companies.
- Dissenting shareholder claims involving the determination of the ‘fair value’ of shares.
- Injunction proceedings resulting in the recovery of millions of dollars for investors in a fraudulent sports betting scam.
- Advising Oi S.A., one of the world’s largest integrated telecommunications service providers headquartered in Brazil, on judicial reorganisation in Brazil.
Deirdre is on the IWIRC London Network Steering Committee, and is a member of the ILA and ConTra.