Melissa is an associate in our transactional practice group in the BVI with experience advising on a range of banking and corporate matters. On the financing side, she advises both lenders and borrowers on a broad range of secured and unsecured finance transactions including project, property, aircraft and ship finance and debt capital markets. Her corporate experience includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and shareholder agreements, equity capital markets, continuations and redomiciliations, corporate restructuring and reorganisations for clients in a wide range of industries across the globe.
Melissa’s clients include major financial institutions, leading international law firms, listed and privately held companies, family offices and real estate investment companies.
Highlights of her experience include:
- Advising on a US$1.1 billion de-SPAC transaction involving a Latin American healthcare company and its business combination with a Cayman incorporated and Nasdaq listed company.
- Advising real estate focused conglomerate Greenland Global Investments Limited on its US$500,000,000 issuance of notes under its US$8,000,000,000 guaranteed medium notes programme listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising Wunong Net Technology Co Ltd. in connection with its initial public offering of 5,000,000 of its ordinary shares on the Nasdaq Capital Market.
- Advising Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC as initial purchasers in connection with The Central America Bottling Corporation’s issuance of an additional US$200,000,000 notes due in 2027.
- Acting as issuer counsel to a leading property developer relating to its note issuances on Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Advising a hotel owner/operator on the disposal of a hotel chain held through several BVI vehicles for a consideration of approximately US$350 million.
- Advised iSmash, a high street technology repair service, on fundraising through its BVI incorporated holding company iSmash Group Limited, including on a significant investment from, and a commercial joint venture with, Sky in 2019.
- Acted for SOCAR and its wholly owned subsidiary Sermaye Investments Limited (SIL) on the repayment of a US$1.3 billion loan from Goldman Sachs International (GSI) to SIL, the repurchase acquisition of shares by SIL from GSI, and a corporate restructuring and refinancing with a new US$1.3 billion secured debt from a portfolio of lenders.
Melissa sits on the board of the Association for Jamaican Residents in the British Virgin Islands which is a charitable organization established under the laws of the British Virgin Islands.