Sonia is a member of our Cyprus practice group. She regularly advises public and private companies on a wide range of corporate transactions in such industries as banking, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and oil and gas.
In her current practice, Sonia's expertise includes mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganisations and restructurings. Her recent experience includes:
- Advising bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling operators with over 23 million customers in over 150 countries, on its application for a Class B online betting licence in Cyprus
- Advising leading supplier of logistics and energy equipment supplier China International Maritime Containers Group (CIMC) in its acquisition of international offshore drilling contractor Frigstad Deepwater Ltd from the Frigstad Offshore Group
- Regular advice to LUKOIL, one of Russia’s largest oil companies, in relation to various corporate matters
Chambers Europe describes Sonia as a “very responsive, to-the-point and commercial”finance lawyer. She is recommended for expertise in finance mandates for major international banks and investors, including transactions involving Russian clients. Sonia regularly acts for both corporate clients and financial institutions across a range of industry sectors such as TMT, oil and gas and pharmaceuticals. She is described by clients as "helpful and polite, rendering a very high level of legal service".Chambers Europe
- Nottingham Law School (Legal Practice Course)
- University of Leicester (LLB)