Nancy Erotocritou is a partner in the Banking and Finance practice group where she specialises in project and asset finance transactions and security structures. Her clients include major international banking institutions and multinational companies.
Nancy joined us 11 years ago and became a partner in 2011. In her current practice, she advises clients in corporate law matters and mergers and acquisitions, and acts for issuers and investment banks in capital market transactions involving complex equity and debt securities offerings.
Nancy is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association and represents us as a founding member and director of NBAC, the Norwegian Business Association in Cyprus. Nancy is also the exclusive banking and finance representative of the Women’s Law Network in Cyprus. Nancy is published regularly, and her articles have appeared in the Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business, Mergers & Acquisitions Review and the International Banking Newsletter.
Nancy's recent experience includes:
- Advising Transmashholding on Cypriot corporate matters.
- Advising Carlyle on the local law aspects of the equity investment by Carlyle into Unifrutti through their Cypriot subsidiaries. The Carlyle Group’s Global Credit platform invested an incremental €35 million for a preferred equity interest in Unifrutti, supporting the Company’s growth and acquisition strategy. This transaction is an add-on to the bond financing completed in 2019 when Carlyle’s credit platform provided the entire €140 million debut debt financing package for Unifrutti, bringing Carlyle’s total investment in Unifrutti to €175 million.
- Advising leading precious metals producer in Eastern Europe and Asia on a complex restructuring involving recapitalisation, issuance of bonus shares, capital reduction and distribution of capital in kind.
- Advising Etalon Group PLC on its secondary public offering of ordinary shares, including in the form of global depositary receipts (GDRs) listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Moscow Exchange. The offering consisted of an offering of rights to subscribe for new ordinary shares, including in the form of GDRs, to existing holders of the company’s equity securities, followed by a marketed offering to institutional investors of ordinary shares not taken up during the rights offering in the form of GDRs.
Nancy is ranked as a leading individual for her Banking and Finance and Commercial, Corporate and M&A expertise.Legal 500, 2021
Nancy has been ranked a Band 1 lawyer. Interviewees appreciate that she is "very responsive." Nancy frequently advises on the financing aspects of transactions, with further experience in project finance and refinancing matters.Chambers and Partners, 2019
Nancy is ranked a "market leader".IFLR 1000, 2020
Nancy has been named the leading transactional lawyer for Cyprus in the IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2020 – Europe, Middle East and Africa list.IFLR1000 Women Leaders , 2020
Nancy is ranked as a leading individual for her Banking and Finance and Commercial, Corporate and M&A expertise. Clients say that she is "responsive, quick and result-oriented" and a "natural closer" who "knows how to solve a problem, not just spot it."Legal 500, 2020
- BPP London (LPC)
- University College London (LLM)
- Sheffield University (LLB)