Nancy is a partner in our Cyprus office and leads the office’s transactional team. With cross-sectional expertise across banking and finance, capital markets and corporate law, Nancy’s client roster covers major international banking institutions, large listed corporations, and financial sponsors, with a focus on the infrastructure, oil & gas, energy and transport sector.
She regularly advises listed companies and major international banking institutions in corporate law matters, as well as project and asset finance transactions and security structures. In her capital markets practice, Nancy acts for both issuers and investment banks in transactions involving complex equity and debt securities offerings and restructurings.
Nancy manages large-scale projects for the firm and her practice brings together extensive experience in structuring and implementing high stakes restructurings and major disposals and acquisitions.
She is consistently ranked as one of the leading finance and corporate lawyers in the jurisdiction by Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. Among others has been named in 2020 and 2021 one of IFLR1000’s Women Leaders.
Nancy's recent experience includes:
- Advising Transmashholding on Cypriot corporate matters.
- Advising Carlyle on the local law aspects of the equity investment by Carlyle into Unifrutti through their Cypriot subsidiaries. The Carlyle Group’s Global Credit platform invested an incremental €35 million for a preferred equity interest in Unifrutti, supporting the Company’s growth and acquisition strategy. This transaction is an add-on to the bond financing completed in 2019 when Carlyle’s credit platform provided the entire €140 million debut debt financing package for Unifrutti, bringing Carlyle’s total investment in Unifrutti to €175 million.
- Advising leading precious metals producer in Eastern Europe and Asia on a complex restructuring involving recapitalisation, issuance of bonus shares, capital reduction and distribution of capital in kind.
- Advising Etalon Group PLC on its secondary public offering of ordinary shares, including in the form of global depositary receipts (GDRs) listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Moscow Exchange. The offering consisted of an offering of rights to subscribe for new ordinary shares, including in the form of GDRs, to existing holders of the company’s equity securities, followed by a marketed offering to institutional investors of ordinary shares not taken up during the rights offering in the form of GDRs.
Nancy is ranked as a leading individual for her Banking and Finance and Commercial, Corporate and M&A expertise.Legal 500, 2021
Nancy has been ranked a Band 1 lawyer. Interviewees appreciate that she is "very responsive." Nancy frequently advises on the financing aspects of transactions, with further experience in project finance and refinancing matters.Chambers and Partners, 2019
Nancy is ranked a "market leader".IFLR 1000, 2020
Nancy has been named the leading transactional lawyer for Cyprus in the IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2020 – Europe, Middle East and Africa list.IFLR1000 Women Leaders , 2020
Nancy is ranked as a leading individual for her Banking and Finance and Commercial, Corporate and M&A expertise. Clients say that she is "responsive, quick and result-oriented" and a "natural closer" who "knows how to solve a problem, not just spot it."Legal 500, 2020
- BPP London (LPC)
- University College London (LLM)
- Sheffield University (LLB)