Equity capital markets
We have a leading Equity Capital Markets (ECM) practice with substantial experience regarding all aspects of capital raising by offshore companies, including IPOs and secondary offerings, rights issues, equity-linked securities, including convertible and exchangeable bonds, SPACs, and business combinations, as well as private placements, take-privates, takeovers, and spin-offs.
Our expertise lies in advising entities listed or listing on all major stock exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, the London Stock Exchange, AIM, the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Shanghai Stock Exchange, and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, all of which have issuers who frequently use offshore structures as part of their capital raising.
We have deep roots in advising on landmark IPOs, and first of their kind capital raises. We work on all aspects of the process, from pre-IPO planning and reorganisations, incorporation and structuring of listing vehicles, preparation of offering documents, to exchange and underwriter opinions. After listing, our corporate team is well versed in guiding on advising public companies on transactions, governance, and compliance.
Our highly knowledgeable, multi-lingual, commercial ECM team is based in strategic locations across our global network, providing reliable and responsive service on even the most demanding ECM transactions.
- Acting as BVI and Cayman counsel to the Virgin Group on the listing on the main market of Virgin Money, three major corporate reorganisations, and the sale of Virgin Active.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel for Tian Ruixiang Holdings Ltd. in relation to the initial public offering of its Class A Ordinary Shares on the Nasdaq Capital Market in January 2021.
- Acting as BVI counsel to Aura Minerals (BVMF: AURA33) Inc. in respect of their IPO on the Brazilian Stock Exchange on 7 July 2020. The proceeds raised R$790.1 million, generating additional capital for the multi-national mining company that owns and operates gold and copper mines in Honduras, Brazil, and Mexico. Aura is already listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel for Gracell Biotechnologies Inc. in relation to the initial public offering of its American depositary shares on the Nasdaq Global Market.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel to Shimao Services Holdings Limited (Shimao Services) on its spin-off and separate listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising NCF Wealth Holdings Limited, a fintech company that operates an online consumer and business finance marketplace in China with an equity value of US$2,000,000,000 in relation to its acquisition by way of a merger with Hunter Maritime Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: HUNT), a SPAC.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel to NFC (a SPAC) on its US$1.4 billion acquisition of United Family Healthcare (UFH), one of the largest and most recognised integrated premium private healthcare operators in China, from its existing shareholders, including affiliates of TPG and Fosun Pharma, to create one of China’s largest publicly listed integrated healthcare services companies. The transaction was named “Deal of the Year” by China Business Law Journal 2019.
- Acting as BVI counsel to AsiaInfo Technologies Limited in relation to the initial public offering of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting as Cayman Islands counsel to Legend Biotech Corporation in relation to the initial public offering of its shares on the NASDAQ.