Raymond Ng is a partner in the Corporate practice of our Hong Kong office. His major clients include local, PRC and international law firms, private equity investment institutions, as well as listed and private corporations.
Prior to joining us, Raymond was a member of the M&A team of Clifford Chance, Hong Kong. He began his career at Mayer Brown JSM and continued as a corporate finance lawyer at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Hong Kong. Raymond has advised on a wide range of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional corporate matters, with a particular focus on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture formations and initial public offerings.
Raymond is fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin. His recent experience includes:
- Advising Sun Hung Kai & Co. Limited on its disposal of 70% equity interest in Sun Hung Kai Financial Group Limited to Everbright Securities Financial Holdings Limited for an initial consideration of approximately HK$4.1 billion
- Advising Shangri-La Asia Limited on its two rights issue in 2011 and 2014 to raise approximately HK$4.7 billion and HK$5.2 billion, respectively
- Advising SCA Group Holding BV on its HK$8.9 billion voluntary general offer for Vinda International Holdings Limited (Stock Code: 3331), and its subsequent HK$1.1 billion disposal of its Tempo brand and other businesses in the Mainland China to Vinda International Holdings Limited
- Advising Temasek on its subscription for 24.95% of the issued share capital of A.S. Watson Holdings Limited for approximately US$5.7 billion
- Advising Temasek on its acquisition of H shares in Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (Stock Code: 1398) for approximately US$2.3 billion, and its two acquisitions of H shares in China Construction Bank (Stock Code: 939) for an approximately US$5.2 billion in aggregate
- Advising IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of Offshore Incorporations Limited from Carlyle Group and combination of Vistra group
- Advising Permira Advisers Limited on the acquisition by Permira Funds from Citi Venture Capital International, ADM Capital and various other investors and managers of the entire issued share capital of Kingsbridge Limited, a satellite operator holding company of the Asia Broadcast Satellite group
- Advising China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd. (Stock Code: 2601) on the US$3.1 billion IPO and global offering of its H shares on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- Advising Rici Healthcare Holdings Limited (stock code: 1526) on its global offering of shares and listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited from the Cayman Islands law perspective
- Advising Aeso Holding Limited (stock code: 8341) on its placing of shares and listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited from the Cayman Islands law perspective
- Advising GME Group Holdings Limited (stock code: 8188) on its placing of shares and listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited from the Cayman Islands law perspective
- Advising SG Group Holdings Limited (stock code: 8442) on its share offering and listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited from the Cayman Islands law perspective