Raymond Ng is co-head of our global Banking & Finance and Corporate groups. He advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private and public equity and debt offerings, SPAC transactions, pre-IPO financings and joint ventures.
Raymond regularly serves Chinese and global clients on cross-border transactions. His major clients also include PRC and international law firms, private equity institutions and listed companies.
Prior to joining us, Raymond was a senior lawyer of the M&A team of Clifford Chance, Hong Kong. He began his career at Mayer Brown JSM and continued as a corporate finance lawyer at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Hong Kong.
Raymond is consistently recognised as a leading practitioner of the offshore legal industry in Hong Kong by IFLR and Legal 500.
He is Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
Raymond's experience includes:
- Advised XPeng Inc. on its dual primary listing on the New York Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised Linklogis Inc. on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange with a weighted voting right structure
- Advised Lakeshore Acquisition I Corp (a SPAC) on its listing on Nasdaq
- Advised GalaxyCore Inc on its listing on the Science and Technology Innovation Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Advised Shimao Services Holdings Limited on its spinoff and separate listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised Legend Biotech Corporation on its listing on Nasdaq
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advised Proficient Alpha Acquisition Corp. on the business combination with Lion Financial Group Limited
- Advised mobike in relation to the acquisition by Meituan-Dianping
- Advised IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of Offshore Incorporations Limited from Carlyle Group and combination of Vistra group
- Advised Temasek on its subscription for 24.95 per cent of the issued share capital of A.S. Watson Holdings Limited
Takeovers, privatisations and corporate restructurings
- Advised China Agrotech Holdings Limited on its corporate restructuring
- Advised Aluminum Corporation of China Overseas Holdings Limited on its privatisation of Chinalco Mining Corporation International
- Advised SCA on its voluntary general offer for Vinda International Holdings Limited
Raymond is ranked as a "leading individual". He is described as "very versatile" and is a valued member of the team as a result of his "problem-solving skills".Legal 500, 2021
Raymond is ranked a "notable practitioner".IFLR1000, 2020 & 2021
Raymond is ranked a "leading individual". In addition to his “assured corporate legal skills”, Raymond is “commercial, practical and efficient”.Legal 500, 2020
- Hong Kong (not practising)
- England and Wales
- British Virgin Islands
- University of Hong Kong (PCLL)
- London School of Economics (LLB)